MEDIA COVERAGE OF A. COHEN BMW LAWSUIT
A. Cohen Law Firm News
By avi cohen
BMW Lawsuit – More than 30 major media outlets have covered A. Cohen Law Firm, P.C.’s suit against BMW and its flawed SCAD (Soft Closing Automatic Doors) technology. The doors, which close automatically if they are slightly ajar, severed the thumb of the firm’s client Godwin Boateng and a lawsuit has been filed in federal court on his behalf.
The BMW doors with the SCAD technology have no sensor that detects an object in their path, such as a finger, that would stop the doors from closing. This basic safety feature would have prevented the loss of Boateng’s thumb. “There has to be some sort of mechanism to protect you from that outcome,” Avi Cohen told the New York Post, noting BMW has turned its car door into nothing short of “a guillotine.”
Here is some of the coverage of A. Cohen Law Firm, P.C. has received for its case against BMW. If you have encountered a similar problem with BMW’s doors, please call our offices at [wtsphone formatted] for a consultation.
- “My $70K BMW cut off my thumb” – New York Post, 3.26.18
- “Claim: BMW SUV’s self-closing door cut off man’s thumb” – Fox News, 3.26.18
- “Lawsuit: BMW door severed Valley Stream man’s thumb” – Newsday, 3.26.18
- “New York software engineer sues after his thumb was SEVERED by his $70,000 BMW X5’s automatic door” – Daily Mail, 3.26.18
- “Software Engineer Claims BMW Automatic Door Chopped Off His Thumb” – Gizmodo, 3.26.18
- “Man Sues BMW After X5’s Automatic Soft-Closing Door Cut Off His Thumb” – Carscoops, 3.26.18
- “Man Claims Automatic Closing Door On His X5 Removed His Thumb” – AutoSpies, 3.26.18
- “This Man Lost Mother’s Fingers Because Pinned Door BMW X5” – Mobil123.com, 3.27.18
- “BMW X5 Owner Suing After Thumb Severed by Self-Closing Door” – The Drive, 3.27.18
- “New York man sues BMW after car’s self-closing door severs thumb” – KABC-TV, 3.27.18
- “Driver says BMW’s self-closing doors severed his thumb” – ConsumerAffairs, 3.27.18
- “Software Engineer Claims BMW Automatic Door Chopped Off His Thumb” – Gizmodo Australia, 3.27.18
- “New York man sues BMW after car’s self-closing door severs thumb” – ABC7 San Francisco, 3.28.18
- “Man sues BMW after car’s self-closing door severs thumb” – ABC7 Chicago, 3.28.18
- “BMW X5 chops a man’s finger with self-closing door. Man sues BMW in turn” – Financial Express, 3.29.18
- “Lawsuit: BMW door severed man’s thumb” – Napa Valley Register, 3.28.18
- “BMW X5 Soft-Close Electric Door Allegedly Cuts Off Owner’s Thumb” – Yahoo News, 3.30.18
- “BMW Sued After An X5’s Self-Closing Door Cut Off Someone’s Thumb!!!” – Top Speed, 3.31.2018
- “BMW X5 Soft-Close Electric Door Allegedly Cuts Off Owner’s Thumb” – Motor1.com, 3.30.18
Avi has been selected to super lawyers’ “Rising Stars,” a prestigious recognition awarded to only 2.5% of attorneys. Avi maintains a 10.0 rating on Avvo, which is considered by Avvo’s own ranking standards as “Superb.”
Get Some Clarity
Via Email, Phone, Zoom, or WhatsApp, get outstanding professional advise with just one click.
Astronomical Success Rate
making a start
If you’re contemplating filing for a divorce, personal injury, guardianship, custody, or commercial litigation, we realize that laws ang rights can be confusing. A. Cohen Law Firm, P.C. will stand by you through thick and thin.
We get to know you
understanding your rights
determining your goals
Our key to success
When it comes to representing our clients, there’s really only one option: individualized attention. You will never be just another file. We understand one hat does not fit all and that each client has different needs. We take the extra time to give each of our clients the personal attention they deserve!